Curriculum Vitae: DR. S. K. SINGH
Chairman, Apex Welcare Pvt. Ltd.
Chief Orthopedics Surgeon
Head of Department of Orthopedics & Spine Care
Apex Hospital Governed by Apex Welcare P Ltd.
A Multi specialty Research & Referral Hospital
Super specialty Hospital for Orthopaedics, Spine & Trauma Management
Advanced Diagnostic Institute
D.L.W. HYDIL Rd., P.O. – DLW,
Distt. Varanasi (U.P.) India. Pin-221004
|Registration No. :
UPMCI98302 (Medical Council of India)
|Academic & Professional Profile
MS(Ortho), M.Ch.(Ortho) ,
Specialized Training in Arthroplasty & Spine Surgery
Received Doctor of Excellence Award 2000-2001 of IMA (Indian Medical Association) Varanasi Branch, one of the oldest branches of country.
Foreign Fellowship for Joint Replacement Fellowship, 2001-02 Seol, Korea
Fellowship of BOS(Bombay Orthopaedic Society) in Spine & Joint Replacement
|Special Training in :
Attended advanced certification course “9th International Delta course” on Joint Replacement & reconstructive surgery in Sydney, Australia on 19th June 2006.
Participated in 1st Asian Computer Assisted Surgery Ci course for surgeon (Total Knee Replacement) in Center of Surgical Excellence, Mumbai on 1st & 2nd of Sept 2006 which was conducted by team of doctors from U.K.
|Participation in International Conferences
Received Club vocational Award of Rotary International, in 1997
Actively participated in conferences organized in the various countries like
South Korea, Australia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bangladesh etc.
Participated in Bone & Joint Congress, Switzerland in 2007
Participated in Conferenec on Disaster Management in Bali, Indonesia
Participation in National Conferences
Attended nearly 100 National Annual Conferences organized in the various part of the country.
|Presentation of Scientific papers
• Presented nearly 75 scientific papers on various topics related with Orthopaedic and public healthcare
|Participation in Super specialty Advance courses
• Actively Participated in more than 12 super specialty advance course.
• Working for Varanasi Orthopaedic Club (VOC) as President.
• Worked for Varanasi Orthopaedic Club(VOC) as Scientific Secretary
• Worked for Varanasi Orthopaedic Club(VOC) as General Secretary
• Worked for Uttar Pradesh Orthopaedic Association(UP, IOA) as Joint Secretary
• Working as secretary of SPSS Society Varanasi
• VOC ( Varanasi Orthopaedic Club)
• UPIOA (U.P. Indian Orthopaedic Association)
• IOA (Indian Orthopaedic Association )
• IMA (Indian Medical Association )
• IMAMS (Indian Medical Association Multi Specialty)
• BOS (Bombay Orthopaedic Society)
• IAS (International Association of Spine)
• IFS (International Foot Society)
• ASSI (Association of Spine Surgeons of India)
• IGOF ( Indo German Orthopaedic Foundation)
• ICS (Indian Section )
• SSI (Spinal Cord Society of India)
• WOC (World Orthopaedic Concern)
|Organized Academic Programs & Conferences
As Joint Organizing Secretary
• Organized U.P. Chapter Orthpaedic Conference,
• Organized Central Zone Orthopaedic Conference
• Organized Association of Spine Surgeons of India Conference,
• Organized Association of Interlock Nailing Surgeons Conference,
• Organized Regional Neuro-spinal Trauma Conference
• Organized Fracture Fixation Conference, Organized ASSAMI Basic Illizarov conference
As Organizing Secretary
• Organized Live surgery & Symposium on Basic Arthroscopy at Apex Hospital, Varanasi and presented paper on Arthroscopic Synovectomy., Organized Live surgery & Symposium on Advance Arthroscopy Techniques at Apex Hospital, Varanasi and presented a paper on Sub total minesectomy.
• Symposium & Live surgery on Hip & Knee Arthroplasty & presented a paper on Primary TKR at Apex Hospital, Varanasi, Live Surgery & Symposium on Interlock Nailing of Femur at Apex Hospital, Varanasi acted as moderator.
• Symposium & Live Surgery Spondylolisthesis Fixation at Apex Hospital jointly by VOC, Apex Hospital & IMS, BHU, Varanasi
• Symposium & Guest Lecture on Backache by eminent teacher Prof. S. M. Tuli.
• Workshop & Symposium on Spinal disorder in UPCON 2006 at Apex Hospital
• Started Special Surgery Observation Program on various advanced surgeries for the Orthopaedic surgeons of Purvanchal and above 30 Orthopaedic surgeons participated in the same at Apex Arthroplasty O.T in various types of surgery as observer or assistant.
• Workshop & Symposium on Acetabular Injury & Pelvic Trauma in 2007
Free Community Health Services for people of Varanasi & Near by states
• Organized Male & Female Tubligation Surgery Camp in collaboration with CMO, Varanasi and maximum number of operation was done at Apex Hospital in female & male both categories.
• Organized Free Spine Health Camp for people of Varanasi & nearby areas at Apex Hospital in which senior most faculties like Prof. Arvind Jayaswal, Dr. Raj Bahadur, Dr. H.N. Bajaj & Dr. Yash Gulati from Delhi and Chandigarh participated.
• Organized Arthritis Health Awareness Program & free camp for people of Varanasi & nearby areas at Apex Hospital Auditorium.
• First time organized Doctors’ Day program in Varanasi, in collaboration with Lions Club Varanasi in which 55 doctors were honored at Apex Hospital Auditorium.
• Conducted free camp on Osteoporosis twice for people of Varanasi & nearby areas at Apex Hospital.
• Conducted Multi-specialty free camp for seven times for people of Varanasi & nearby areas Apex Hospital & Different Districts.
• Conducted free BMD test camp for two times for people of Varanasi & nearby areas at Apex Hospital.
• Organized 3rd Apex Blood Donation Camp for the needy patients along with support of IMA & people of Varanasi at Apex Hospital.
|Topics of Interest for Academic Presentation
Total Joint Arthroplasty
Giant Cell Tumor
Arthritis : Medical & Surgical Management
Endoscopic Micro Lumber Discectomy Surgery
Articular Surface Replacement
Joint Reconstruction Techniques
Revision Total Hip Replacement